Pages

Friday, August 20, 2021

Super Scooper

Kia Ora Bloggers!

Sadly we are in Lockdown, but I will still keep posting so you can learn about what I am doing for online learning. Yesterday, my teacher tasked me with the choice of three choices. I chose the second choice. The choice was to make a tool that you could use to scoop out potatoes. You weren't allowed to use tape, or glue or anything. You had to pretend that you were in older days where they didn't have all of that stuff.

Here are some photos of my invention:


What materials did I use?

I used a bamboo stick, a large shell, and some flax.

 


   When I did this I found it tricky finding everything that I needed to make my invention. The shell scoops out the ground to find the potato, and the shell also gets out the potato. Why did I wrap the flax round so much? Well, I cut the stick slightly at the top to wedge in the shell, so the flax is making sure that the stick doesn't break so easily. 

5 comments:

  1. This is a great tool Mabel, I think it would have been useful in the olden days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia-ora Mabel hope you are well and safe
    Wow this looks awesome you should be very proud of yourself!
    You have some great thinking skills to come up with this tool and I loved you used things from around home to make your tool.
    Is there anything you would change about your tool for next time?

    Miss Carr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      I think what I would change would be to move it to a higher place once I finished it. My puppy ate it while I was on a walk. Apart from that, no, I quite like it.
      Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  3. Hi Mabel
    This looks cool, it must have taken a really long time.
    Do you know if it works yet?
    Next time maybe you could tie on the shell a little bit more?
    But other than that I agree with Mrs Kerin it would be a helpful tool in the olden days.
    from Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't know if it works, and I was going to test it but now I can't. My puppy ate it.Yeah, I probably should of tied the shell on a bit more.
      Thanks for your comment,
      Mabel.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post